We went in on Monday for Avery's follow up eye appointment, unfortunately we didn't come away with good news. Turns out, Dr. recommends eye surgery for BOTH of Avery's eyes. Her left eye has a more drastic pull to the outside, but the right eye wanders as well. So Avery is working pretty hard just to keep both of her eyes forward and balanced. It isn't an urgent surgery, but she does believe Avery needs it in the near future and she won't grow out of it. We have a lot of decisions to make, but until she gets the surgery we now have to alternate the patch from one eye to the other.
We would really appreciate your prayers for the following:
1. We are still praying and believing for a miracle in Avery's eyes!
2. Prayer about whether or not we should get a 2nd opinion and what Dr. to see. Its a hard decision because it will cost us a lot more just to do that. (we have insurance, but a very high deductible)
3. When to get the surgery, whether this year or next (insurance reasons)
4. Prayer for peace about our decisions
5. Prayer for Avery as she is working hard to keep her eyes forward. Pray for no headaches!
6. Pray that she would continue to do better and better with the patch.
7. For the funds to pay for this surgery ( We know that God has it all in his hands)
Thank you so much for standing with us in prayer! And thank you to everyone who constantly ask about Avery's eyes and how she is doing. We are so thankful for all of you! We will be sure to keep you updated! And please let us know how we can pray for all of YOU!
Honestly, as her Momma, I'm trying my best not to WORRY about all of this. So blogging about it and updating all of you is a good way for me to deal with it all. I trust that God will work it all out for the good, but that doesn't mean I don't worry a bit about the details! (I know I shouldn't)