.

.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's talk hair...

CAUTION: This is an extremely girly post and those of you who aren't interested in talking about hair please don't waste your time reading this post.
Every once in awhile I find myself seeking advice about hair, decor, etc. You all are a huge help and I appreciate your thoughts and advice!

So, here's my story. For over 10 years I have been highlighting my hair. Every once in awhile I will do low-lights too, but for the most part I have stuck with blonde highlights. Its been years since I've gotten a full highlight done simply because partial highlights are more affordable. I started out a naturally dirty blonde, but my hair is much darker now after having babies. Has that happened to anyone else?

On Monday, I plan to get an all over color put in my hair that is slightly darker than my natural color. Do you think I'm crazy? Do you think I should also get some highlights or just the all over color?

I took a couple of photos of my hair so you can see I have two very different colors going on. Look how dark my hair is!

Lovely roots...

Here you can really see how dark my natural color is now...

I decided to find a website where I could do a virtual makeover to see what my hair would look like dark. I found www.Taaz.com. Very easy to do a virtual makeover if you're ever wondering what you would look like with a different hair color or style.

What do you think? Is this color close to my natural that you see above? Is there more than one color in here?


Would love any thoughts/suggestions! That's if anyone made it this far in the post! :)

Here is a lighter color, but I'm thinking I like dark better...

Well...that was fun, totally mindless, Mommy wind-down blog....

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm not sure what you do, but I only do a partial highlight when getting my hair done, so my hair is always darker on the bottom. Does that make sense? I think your hair will look great any color! If you go dark and hate it you can always highlight again, right? Good luck!

meg + andy said...

i love your hair color now with the dark/natural on bottom and the blond on top...but after seeing that pic of the darker color i think you should go for it! but...i do think it is still highlighted a bit...don't you think? like some honey-colored highlights or maybe something almost a tiny bit reddish?? anyway, can't wait to see what you come up with- it will look fabulous!! :)

Unknown said...

For as long as I've known you you have always had perfect hair - no matter what style you always look great so I'm sure the same will be true of any color you choose. However, I can tell you that when I went natural after years of highlighting my dirty blonde hair I had an initial freek out because it was so different. BUT I love it and love the fact that I haven't paid to color my hair in 5 years. It's funny because when people who have only known me natural see pics of me with blonde hair they hardly recognize me and when I look back now I think it looks kind of fake. I also remember that at the beginning I got a lot of compliments on how good my "new" color looked with my eyes and I can only imagine that going darker is going to make your lovely blue eyes stand out even more. So...all that to say I think you should go for the all over color but give it a few weeks before you decided on the highlights. Can't wait to see it!