.

.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Avery is 4 months old!

It is so hard to believe she is already 4 months, the time has just flown by. She is growing and changing everyday! At 4 months she is rolling from her back to her tummy, but cannot roll back yet. Instead, she gets high centered on her tummy. She hasn't quite figured out how to use her arms to help her get back,but I'm trying to give her a lot of tummy time so her arms will keep getting stronger!
Avery is a tummy sleeper, so if we put her on her back or side, she will most likely roll right over to her tummy. Most the time we just put her on her tummy to sleep now. It's the cutest when her bum is in the air! She isn't sleeping through the night yet, although she has surprised us once or twice by sleeping through. She usually wakes up once a night to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Even though I'm tired, I enjoy our middle of the night nursing sessions...I will miss those someday, so I want to cherish them while I can! We are working on her napping, she usually only naps in 30 minute increments during the day. That can make it hard sometimes because she gets over tired, but for some reason she doesn't like to nap too much. She just wants to be included I've decided.
She is still strictly nursing right now, but she is getting more and more interested in my food or drinks! The other day she was so interested in my sonic drink! We are planning on getting her a highchair soon, so we will continue to watch for all the signs of her being "ready" to try some solids. I think she is getting close.
The greatest noise I have ever heard is her laugh! It brings so much joy to my heart to hear Avery laugh! We have so much fun together during the day and I am BEYOND thankful that I get to stay home with her! I can't imagine missing out on seeing her smile, rocking her to sleep, watching her grow and change, or hearing her laugh. She is a gift from God and I thank Him everyday for her life! She is an absolute joy to me! We have become such buddies and I cherish everyday I get to spend with her! I love her so much!

Here are the most recent pictures of her! She is such a big girl!


Avery's first ride on Daddy's shoulders...she loved it!


Daddy's bought me and Avery these beautiful flowers! We are so blessed!

Avery with Grandma Eileen

We got to have lunch with Eileen, Ash and one of Eileen's friends last week. It was great to see them and of course they loved seeing Avery!

Avery with Aunt Ashley

Avery watching her worship DVD



I think she might be in the early stages of teething...everything goes in her mouth. So I finally got her a "teether"!

She is just too precious!!

1 comment:

The Gerster Family said...

She is just beautiful Ashley!

Mia started sleeping through the night once we started feeding her cereal. We would feed her a little at dinner time and it was enough to start her schedule of sleeping through the night. That will probably help!