Monday, October 6, 2014

Project #4: Front Door

Finally, I painted the front door! I have wanted to do this project from the day we moved in.  Our front door was faded and sporting a lot of brass, which I do not like one bit!  Eventually I would like to get new hardware, but for a temporary fix, I spray painted the hardware. 

 Here is what we started with.  

 First, I spray painted the hardware and removed the brass foot plate. 

Close of up of the spray painted brushed nickel hardware.  Such an improvement from the beaten up brass.  

Finished product!  Now we just need a new light fixture! 

 The inside view

I'm so happy with how this project turned out! I plan to paint our back door black as well.  

No comments: